Then God said, “Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear”; and it was so. And God called the dry land Earth, and the gathering together of the waters He called Seas. And God saw that it was good. Then God said, “Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb that yields seed, and the fruit tree that yields fruit according to its kind, whose seed is in itself, on the earth”; and it was so. And the earth brought forth grass, the herb that yields seed according to its kind, and the tree that yields fruit, whose seed is in itself according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. So the evening and the morning were the third day. (Genesis 1:9-13)
Lessons With Three
The first life appeared on the third day. This will become a significant number throughout the history of man.
- Abraham traveled three days to sacrifice his only begotten son.
- God appeared to Israel on the third month and third day at Sinai to deliver the Law.
- Esther came before the King on the third day with courage to save her people.
- Three young Hebrews defied the King of Babylon by refusing to bow down to his image and were cast into a burning fiery furnace.
- Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and nights.
- Jesus first miracle was on the third day.
- Jesus prayed three times in Gethsemane before being arrested.
- Peter denied Jesus three times.
- Jesus was crucified on the third hour of the day with three nails.
- Jesus would be raised from the dead on the third day.
- Jesus asked Peter three times if he loved Him.
- The gospel of salvation was first preached at the third hour of the day.
- Three thousand devout Jews became the first Christians.
- The Godhead is made up of three:
Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19)
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen. (2 Corinthians 13:14)
Salvation can only be found in ONE name. There are TWO choices in eternity. There is no THIRD choice.