The 23rd Channel
- The TV set is my shepherd. My spiritual growth shall want.
- It maketh me to sit down and do nothing for it’s name’s sake, because it requireth all my spare time.
- It keepeth me from doing my duty as a Christian; because it presenteth so many good shows that I must see.
- It restoreth my knowledge of the things of the world, and keepeth me from the study of God’s word.
- It leadeth me in the paths of failing to attend the evening worship service and doing nothing in the Kingdom of God.
- Yea, though I liveth to be a hundred, I shall keep on viewing my TV as long as it will work, for it is my closest companion.
- Its sounds and its pictures they comfort me.
- It presenteth entertainment before me, and keepeth me from doing important things with my family.
- It fills my head with ideas which differ from those set out in the Word of God.
- Surely, no good thing will come of my life because my TV offereth me no good time to the will of God.
Thus I will dwell in spiritual poverty all the days of life.