Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. (2 Timothy 4:2)
Preaching has been my joy for 34 years (I began when I was 5). There is always a learning curve when it comes to preparing sermons with a need to keep the material fresh and applicable. Long has been the argument whether to preach long or short. Someone remarked that Peter’s sermon on the day of Pentecost lasted about eight minutes and three thousand people obeyed the gospel. The point is made. However there were a lot more things said with the other eleven. Jonah preached for three days and brought the city of Nineveh to its knees in repentance. Paul preached until midnight and had to raise the dead afterwards (sounds like my preaching). On some occasions he was nearly killed after a sermon. Jesus preached a sermon about dedication and most of his followers left Him. Preaching is a work of love and I love it. So this morning I offer a few short sermons. Enjoy.
- Remember Lot’s wife. (Luke 17:32)
- Jesus wept. (John 11:35)
- It is more blessed to give than to receive. (Acts 20:35)
- Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong. (1 Corinthians 16:13)
- Let all that you do be done with love. (1 Corinthians 16:14)
- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (Philippians 4:13)
- Abstain from every form of evil. (1 Thessalonians 5:22)
- Till I come, give attention to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine. (1 Timothy 4:13)
- Let brotherly love continue. (Hebrews 13:1)
- Pray without ceasing. (1 Thessalonians 5:17)
Let’s stand and sing.